Contact us to claim these items.
It’s here! MBU7 kicks off tomorrow and we’re excited to welcome 51 units to Carroll College! If you need anything, the best way to reach Beth from this point forward is probably by text. Please be sure to include your name and unit number. (406) 461-9250
Some last minute reminders:
FIRST THE HARSH STUFF:
**Please talk with your Scouts about respecting the college campus. We earned a tarnished reputation last year after a messy campus and some bathrooms were left super trashed. And absolutely no leaving the PE Center or Tent City after lights out without an adult leader. Those who did so last year were sent home before opening ceremony and not allowed to participate. I’m sure with a little teamwork we can rise above this reputation and instead be viewed as Scouts ought to be. Thanks for your help!! **
NOW THE FUN STUFF:
- Check-in opens Friday at 5pm and Saturday at 6:45am.
- Park in the PE Center lot off Benton Avenue.
- Leave Scouts & gear outside and send in a leader to check-in.
BRING TO CHECK IN:
- Carroll College release forms -1 for each Scout. Available on the website, also attached here.
- Horsemanship release form for Scouts taking that class.
- Payment if there is a balance due or additional adult lunch tickets are needed. (Cash or check)
- Medical forms (we will not collect them from you).
- Dinner is on your own.
- The concession stand will be open until 10pm. (Cash only)
- Council Trading Post open til 8:30pm.
- There will be a patch trading station.
- Movie is “Aquaman” and will start at 7pm.
- Tent City is snowy & sloppy. And the gym will be packed as we have a record number of overnighters. Come one, come all, but tarps and earplugs are suggested.
- All gear needs to be back in vehicles by 6:30am Sat.
- Breakfast is provided for those staying the night.
((TIME-OUT…..Can you guess the single most commented on topic of MBU??? COFFEE!! So here’s the scoop. Or the bean…..we’ll have a cup of coffee available for overnighting adults since they have no means of getting to it otherwise. There will be no coffee available for adults arriving Saturday until Jazzmans opens after opening ceremony. So please plan for your caffeine needs accordingly. Thank you!))
- Check-in closes at 7:40am. Be sure to arrive early if you are hoping to make any additions/changes.
- Opening Ceremony at 8am- Class A uniforms. Scouts need to be wearing their nametags before the ceremony starts.
- Make sure every Scout has a blue card on them for each of their classes. And a pen, notebook, items specific to their classes noted on website. (They will be going to classes immediately from their seats so be sure they have everything in their possession before the ceremony starts.)
- Many Scouts will be outdoors during their class time. And everyone else will be walking to/from classes. Please encourage jackets.
- We highly recommend having the Scouts mark their belongings – every year we have nice things left behind with no way to return them.
- We will be calling for adult volunteers to help fill some Saturday roles.
- The Council Trading post will be open 9-5:30 and will accept Scout Bucks.
- Lunch & a patch is included in each Scout’s registration. Adult lunch tickets and extra patches will be for sale at the info desk.
- Maps and schedules and more info will be given at check-in.
Thank you for hauling your Scouts to Helena!! If you are going to arrive Friday after 9pm , please shoot Beth a text. See you soon!!
Registration Reminder: Don’t forget to select lunches for your adults and the overnight option for every Scout/Adult staying on campus Friday night. These need to be purchased before registration closes on March 4.
Be sure to read the updated steps for registration. The Tentaroo interface has changed quite a bit. Setting up the participants before registration opens is highly recommended for efficiency.
If you have Scouts or adults who were picked in the lottery, they have to be added to your group by Friday at 8 pm.
The MBU Offerings page showed it as AM & PM. It has been fixed.
The Bird Study Merit Badge has been added to offerings.
Personal Management prerequisites and covered requirements was modified slightly.
Due to rising costs, the overnight fee (including breakfast) has changed from $6 to $7.
There was a (closed) mark next to the Cit in the World merit badge in Offerings. That was old, and has been fixed.